by Ksenia Karhu
Truth is important in our everyday life. Customers expect you to inform them of any happenings. They don’t want to have problems and they hate being unaware of something. So servants must be sure that they give truthful information to their customers.
Many companies promise lots of things trying to attract new customers. But the information that servants give to them or customers find by themselves is not always true. Regretfully it is fabulous in many cases.
Of course, if customers see something special and unique they will come, but companies will never be able to form good relationship with them, if the information will be untruthful. Customers will never come back, if they can’t trust you, and the main mission of customer service will be failed.
Also another important thing is to inform your customers of all bad things that happen to them, your business or your products. People get the whole picture of you and your business through information that you give to them. If you don’t tell them that everything goes wrong at the beginning, your customers will it by themselves later, and the whole situation will be even worse.
Of course, the news can be bad, it is life, but if you inform your customers immediately, they will understand that your company is responsible, that you care about their problems and that you won’t leave them. Don’t lie to your customers!
Bitter truth is better than sweet lies.
by Regina Makovey
Customer service s all about forming a good relationship with your customers, as it forms loyalty and makes them to come back. Here are few things that you need to bear in mind when serving your customers.
1) Customers want to feel important. Know their names, treat them as best customers ever, smile, solve their problems quickly and be thankful and proactive! All of this will make them feel valued. Making them feel appreciated is a great step in building customer loyalty.
2) Customers want you to truly listen. Listening to them will help to determine customers’ needs and build a relationship of trust that will solidify your standing with them and be a driving force for repeat business. More often than not, in the course of a conversation, a customer will divulge information that is vital to your overall success.
3) Customers like to be appreciated by other people. They want you to understand their wishes and respect their choices. People want to feel “royalty”. They want you to be extra polite and serve them properly!
4) Customers hate waiting. Modern life makes people to be in a hurry, so time is very important part of marketing nowadays. People expect you to find quick solutions!
5) Customers want to trust you. People want to be sure that you provide them with good-quality products and useful information. Be honest and your customers will be loyal!
6) Customers want to be individual. They always want to have unique and sometimes unusual products. Don’t even try to provide them with your favorite or common products. Customers want to have something special!
7) Customers expect you to be their friends. They enjoy people with whom they share common interests. Customers hope you understand and can help them to find the most important things in their life. If you don’t know your clients, they cannot rely on you!
It is not even enough just to understand your clients. To work with customers, you really should KNOW them from TOP TO BOTTOM!!!
Customer service is a big part of marketing nowadays.There are no sales without customers, so at any situation companies should try to maintain the highest standards and be able to do it right the first time because good customer service will be noticed, but bad customer service situation will sink to customers’ minds.
From Wikipedia we can find that “customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase.” It is a general, but very true concept, because customers are interested not only in a product but also in additional elements of service they receive. They expect customer servants to be ready, willing and able.
Sometimes customers can be rude and their problems can be weird, but high level service is always joyfully doing ‘whatever it takes’. And, of course, smiling! It is a symbol of successful customer service. It shows to customers that you are really thankful for your business and worth its weight in gold.
According to Efraim Turban: “customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation.” Actually realizing your customer’s needs and paying attention to details are essential. If you can understand your customers and pay attention to their problems, you will be able to exceed their expectations.
by Ksenia Karhu
I was a witness of the story that happened in the green grocery shop: For the shop it was the same Sunday morning as ever, with a queue of people hunting for fresh fruit and vegetables, beside one little thing: there was a man in the queue with his little daughter crying and asking her father to buy a doll. She was annoying everyone who was in the shop and, of course the man was in a bad mood and hurry to go away. Finally it was his turn to buy; he asked for some vegetables and was going home when a shop assistant said: “We have fresh cherry-plums that have come today; they are so sweet and delicious! Would you like to taste one, dear? Stop crying and take a berry, honey.” And an old lady gave one berry to a little girl who stopped crying and was looking at the shop assistant. The girl ate the berry, smiled and asked for another one. Her father bought an extra kilogram of cherry-plums and went home in a better mood, because his child stopped bothering him. This story shows to us how important is going the extra mile. No one knows if the man’s daughter will remember about her doll, but what is clear to me is that he will come back! Actually, customer service is all about bringing your customers back; sending them away in a good mood to bring themselves and their friends back and form relationships with them.